Music Banter - View Single Post - The Incredible Flying Torture Orchestra
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #209 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

I think Metamorphosis was good. The sounds themselves are very enjoyable, and it is a more uplifting piece compared to some of your others stuff. The only thing I think it lacks is an overall catchy atmosphere. I can appreciate what you do with the music and I enjoy listening to it, but listening to it itself is more of a challenge then I think it should be. I think we think differently on this thought because you are into Merzbow and that stuff. I like my fair share of experimental/noise rock. What I don't like is when I am expected to listen to 5 minutes of bland noise and be expected to enjoy listening to it like I enjoy listening to the Talking Heads, singing the melodies and playing the rhythms over and over in my head. That is really the only thing I see lacking in your music. You have everything else and your music definitely sounds like it is coming from you. It is just that after I am done listening to one of your songs, including this one, it is like I hardly remember listening to it.

You could keep it the same way and it would still be enjoyable, but to me nothing would strike as amazing or out-of-this-world.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote