Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you religious?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #198 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Science doesn't really unravel religion for me. a 2,000 year old book, written by primitive tribes who weren't up on the science of their time, never mind mine aren't expected to know everything, and its perfectly reasonable to me that they have a little odd explanations for some things.

Where science does contradict religion its very easy to conclude, if you're religious and have a clue that there are some things people just can't grasp about a world they've never seen. ****, people were impressed with Hippos since they were discovered until extremely late into modern zoological expeditions. Silverback/Lowland gorillas are in the same boat.

Where religion unravels for me is its own failure to be honest with themselves, put more emphasis on the message rather than the peripheral garbage. People tend to like what Jesus was for - which is the point. Not what people have ascribed to his theories which is what causes problems.
That's why I have faith, because I know he was sent to Earth to save us and even for those who arn't Christian or even religious, living as he did wouldn't be a bad thing for the world. My dear I think you've explained it quite well.