Music Banter - View Single Post - hey you texans
Thread: hey you texans
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #73 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
This guy would be irrelevant if anyone was remotely paying attention or doing their job.

The way the American Military is run sometimes is not good business. The combat is grade A, but they need to get themselves an HR department.

I couldn't have written the stuff he did and kept my job, and this guys a ****ing Major.
This goes hand in hand with the current arguement going on about military advancement, and what advancement selections are based upon. Basically the current system is not allowing the most qualified and most stable persons to be put into leadership positions. Which should be rectified, people in leadership position need to be more closely monitored. The military puts so much time into watching every move of junior enlisted personnel, that a high ranking officer can go and do something like this without notice or suspicion until it is too late.

I recently read an article in Navy times about a Navy Chief in Bahrain who was a leader of a ring of corruption including 100's of accounts of severe hazing, rape, assault, and prostitution who received next to no punishment for his actions. His inferiors were put to blame 100%, leading one sailor to suicide. Point is, authority within the military is something that needs to be re-evaluated.

Also, the stress management training and suicide prevention training is a joke, talk about a ten minute click-through on a computer screen with a bunch of boring paragraphs you couldn't be more detached from. And suicide attempts are not taken seriously. I mean in my top secret space in which I work, a member recently attempted suicide, and is currently still working in a classified area. I mean who much more blatantly can you say "**** this place, I just don't care anymore". It just doesn't make any sense that someone that seemingly unstable can maintain access to top secret and above information without being at least evaluated my mental health officials. Within the military, the truth is often clouded by this **** storm of beaurocratic attitudes and bull**** policies that serious issues can fall through the cracks completely unrecognized.

I'm not saying that's what caused this incident, but re-evaluating the current system and appoaching it with a different point of view is not only sensible and practical, but it's also something that the military would never traditionally do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote