Music Banter - View Single Post - Media Player Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #113 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjuice View Post
MediaMonkey is by far the best program I've ever used, and I've used iTunes, Winamp, WMP, and the Zune software (that-which-must-not-be-named). It's really easy to scrobble with Last.FM, supports iPod syncing, just so much easier to tag your music/keep everything organized. IMO. I find I have a lot more time to actually listen to music now rather than having to keep fix tags. You can download a whole bunch of skins to customize it how you like, no lag whatsoever, like I said hands down the best. Definitely give it a shot.
I have used Songbird and Foobar, just to try them out. Never have I used Winamp. I had about 110Gb's when I made the switch from Itunes, and a LOT of files weren't tagged. Once I started tagging them, Itunes slowed down a lot... and it was slow to start with. It got to the point where I would open it and it would just freeze. When I got MM I imported my entire library at once and it was all done within five-ten minutes. No lag time. TO this day it supports 136Gb, over 1500+ albums without any lag. All of them are tagged correctly + albumart. And the tagging is a bajilliooooooon times easier too.

I've heard many accounts of it supporting easily 5000+ albums.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote