Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #823 (permalink)
zeppy111
16, so?

Light Em Up, Blow Em Out - Up, Bustle And Out (1997)
Thanks to: Musicphantom

After listening to the album a few times, which I needed to due to the extreme variations of sound and music, I have come to the conclusion that I am baffled about this band. Never before have I heard a band that incorporates such an array of sounds ranging from down-tempo trip-hop to the good, old flamenco guitar.

If someone had told me that in the space of 75 minutes you will encounter the aspects mentioned above, as well as some electronica, latin, the occasional almost rapping piece, and a few English blokes who are not afraid to break boundaries and smash down wall, I would have told you there is no chance. The one draw back to the album for me is that sometimes it loses some structure and pushes to many boundaries instead of just sticking around for awhile.

Although this is not my normal cup of tea, I did enjoy listening to it the first few times and will come back to soon enough.

On a side-note, Emerald Alley was definitely the highlight of the lot for me. A really classy track that was. A solid 8.5/10

My Blog (album of the day): http://musicfromthesouth.blogspot.com
zeppy111 is offline   Reply With Quote