Music Banter - View Single Post - Climate Change - Fact or Fiction?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
So you're saying that climate was less stable on pangea? You make some claims here that you could back up with some sources I think. Climate is never stable, it's either warming or cooling and it's always been like that. If you look at a graph of temperature through geological times, you'll see it's varying around the mean meaning it goes up and down.
That is why I said 'somewhat (stable) climate.' I put stable in paranthesis - for a want of a better word. But your graph proves my point between 1870 and 2005 the mean temperature hovers around 29 C if you look at the graph after 450 kya it changes more drasticly. I know that is comparing the last century to thousands of years, but when you see that there were dramatic change in the past and and the fluctuation of the Earth's temperate around the average temperature seems is less dramatic, you should understand a little what I was trying to mean by (stable).

Your chart also shows that the Earth climate had dramatic changes in the past without modern industrial age and it's greenhouse gases. So if the Earth climate change in the past wouldn't some of those same factors change Earth climate now? I can't put the whole blame on mankind throwing the Earth climate out of whack and raising the mean temperate of the planet.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 11-07-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote