Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 12:46 AM   #825 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Goldfish - Perceptions of Pacha

This album was definitely was definitely out of my usual sound, but I thought it was absolutely fantastic. The band encompassed the perfect sound of dance music and lounge jazz like Stereolab (don't have anything better to compare it to). The songs Fort Knox and Wet Willy kind of shied away from this sound, and didn't really do it for me. But the rest of the album was unexpectedly fantastic. I really enjoyed the use of another language (blogs told me it was a Zim language, but that was all I kind find).

Pretty much, this was a full hour of unexpected enjoyment. Songs like Sold My Soul (the first track), Hold Tight (which has a really cool horn part), and Soundtracks and Come Backs really did it for me. I absolutely loved the use of the jazz flute on the last listed there, it really fit right into the song perfectly without overpowering any of the other sound.

Overall, this was straightforward dance music that could be played at a nightclub. But it also contained an element of jazz to keep people like me interested in just listening to the music. I really enjoyed the sound, and I would like to thank Zeppy for sending it in my direction I'd give it:

7.4/10

Thanks again Zeppy! I enjoyed this a lot.

Last edited by music_phantom13; 11-08-2009 at 07:53 AM.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote