Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #1106 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Yeah I totally understand that too, especially about the drinking. I tend to overdo it in an effort to feel more comfortable, and it does suck during sets or while waiting for the band to play.

Regarding the enjoyment, I think you're right too. I must have been fooling myself when I said that. I saw Skinny Puppy alone last Wednesday, while on the last two tours I was with my best friend. I enjoyed the show, but it wasn't "fun" like it was with my buddy. I stayed back rather than trying to get up front and getting all crazy. I missed him.

I guess when I made that comment I was thinking about going to shows with people that aren't as into the band as you are. So it induces a bit of anxiety about whether they're enjoying it and feeling it as much as you are. But when you're with someone that's as much a fan as you are, good times for sure.