Music Banter - View Single Post - An Alternative Look at The 1960's
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #139 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
I think the White album is the best Beatle's album by a long shot. The songs are darker and far more adult than anything they've ever written. There are 32 songs on the White album and 15 to 20 of the songs are classics. Had the White album been edited down to one album it could have been a perfect album, but the Beatles chose to leave a dozen or so not brilliant songs which probably should have been saved for a future Beatle's outtake album instead of left on the ablum.
I don't think The White Album can be edited down in any way to a homogeneous perfect album. It was obviously a kind of compilation between 3 independent artists, with each his very own different style (+ 1 Ringo original).
I guess keeping 32 tracks put together in some slobby way, is better than having a band still in denial of the schism it's going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCellarTapes View Post
I actually quite like the film, the sight of John Lennon feeding a sobbing fat lady spaghetti with a shovel is actually pretty funny when you think about it.
From the look of it, the movie seems great (I saw that scene with the shovel ). Still, all the people remember of that movie, is being a huge failure.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote