Music Banter - View Single Post - Anti-Pop or Anti-metal?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Firstly i am neither.

To be anti pop, in my opinion, means you need to close pretty much every avenue you have for hearing music outside of the internet and your own collection.

Im only 25 and it's only within the last 10 years that i have started to really get into metal. It at least seems to someone like me that there was far more metal worth listening to in the 80's and even the 90's than there is now but that is just one opinion. A lot of metal now, especially thrash, sounds like recycled attempts at something that was done 20 years ago and done much better 20 years ago aswell most of the time.

I will not however say that metal is dead. Good, new, metal bands are cropping up all the time and will continue to do so, im just not hearing as many as i would like to.

You know, you may find that that money is king if you're listening to the radio or watching music channels or anything that is going to limit your horizons to something commercial that requires said money to fund that particular avenue but branch out a little, hit the internet, you may even find that money isnt as important as it used to be.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote