Music Banter - View Single Post - hey you texans
Thread: hey you texans
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #92 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

Hizbollah is a Lebanese organisation which, if I recall correctly, the Government of the US considers to be a terrorist group. So it's probably only slightly easier than for an Afghan to get a visa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
what i did say was i do not believe the ideology of islam matches up with that i personally want in the american military
And if you read everything in the Bible and take it all literally you get the same thing. How much should I sell my daughter for? Raping the women folk of the enemy to demoralise them? Marching around the city blowing trumpets until their walls fall down? The point is with nearly any religion it's important to consider the relevance the text has to the modern day and the meaning it will have on our lives rather than to take it all literally and live strictly by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
The commander of the base, Lt Gen Robert Cone, told NBC News that, according to eyewitnesses, Mr Hasan had shouted the Arabic phrase "Allahu Akbar!" [God is great] before opening fire.
Mr Obama cautioned against "jumping to conclusions" and said the motives for the shooting were being investigated.

Missed this earlier. I think jumping to conclusions is probably more relevant when you consider it as a defence against Islamophobic backlash and assuming the shooting was a part of some collective Muslim psyche. The more information is divulged about the shooting the more it looks like a one off irrational instant enacted by a very troubled person.

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps

Last edited by Barnard17; 11-09-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote