Music Banter - View Single Post - Will the 00's be remembered fondly?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #96 (permalink)
Swink
Groupie

The 60's and 70's (possibly the 80's aswell) will always be remembered as the era when rock was actually good. No one will remember all the new popular bands, because they are a one month fad (a year fad, at max), then they all slide into the gurgling abyss of untalented, qualityless music, just like oh-so-many bands/artists before. Only the defining music of the era gets trough the decades and still remains listened to. There was always a 'Lady Gaga' out there, be it the 60's, 70's, 80's, whatever. The thing is, no one remembers them. Myself, I believe that music has died in the 80's. I can count the artists/bands that I liked after that on the fingers of one hand. If I have to go 2000+, I cant even make it that. I can probably think of 2 or 3. Lets try, shall we? Radiohead, Muse.. yeah, im done. And even Muse are pretty much ****ty comercial radio music now, with their latest album. Atleast I still find comfort in the fact that theres oldschool musicians still performing with either superbands or solo, making quality music. Chickenfoot is one of the bands that I discovered lately, that I can actually stand to listen to.

I'd love if someone could change this view of mine on nowadays music, but I doubt anyone can.
Swink is offline   Reply With Quote