Music Banter - View Single Post - a little technology problem...
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

Default a little technology problem...

There is already perhaps a thread devoted for computer problems, however as I need this sorting out ASAP I thought that things might move a little quicker in the replies department if I created an entirely new thread.

So, after having problems with my computer I decided to take the plunge and reinstall Windows XP. After doing this, everything is running smoothly - but I can't hear anything. The speakers are connected fine, but my soundcard isn't being detected by the computer. I've done lots of searching and investigating and I am being told to download drivers, but I do not know the make and model of my sound card in order to do this. I don't want to remove the back of the computer to check in case something goes wrong (I'm not under warranty any more).

It seems to be a common problem with people reinstalling XP but all the sites I've visited haven't given a definitive answer to the problem and it's really starting to bug me now as I haven't had access to my vast iTunes library in nearly 2 weeks now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - seriously. I will hug you.