Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 05:47 AM   #1063 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Quite similar in many ways obviously, but the game is more motivating. The quests are funnier and the story so far is a bit more interesting. Basically, it's more entertaining. I'm comparing now to Neverwinter Nights 2. Possibly the skills system is dumbed down a bit - can't quite remember what it was like in NWN2, but it's quite simple in Dragon Age.

Something which is refreshing is that the game is quite hard, sometimes even on easy. On normal, you really have to think about what you're doing and you'll find yourself beaten and possibly a little frustrated quite often. Knowing the capabilities of each character seems more vital here than in most other games of this kind that I've played (Knights of the republic 1 & 2, NWN 2, Mass Effect). I read that the game is overall easier on consoles though.

Oh and they've included gay romance options, more so than in Mass Effect. In this setting, homosexuality seems to be as accepted as heterosexuality. The male elf I just picked in my party up is hitting on my manly dwarven warrior.
sounds good although quite frankly i wish Bioware would have gone the other direction with 'romance' in its games and removed it entirely. i hated it in the neverwinter nights series. i don't want to play a soap opera, i want to kill **** haha

speaking of. i just hit level 31 in borderlands with my solo character. THAT game lived up to its hype. i have another character i use in co-op with my roommate. it's not perfect but i'll be damned if i can't stop playing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote