Music Banter - View Single Post - WolfAtTheDoor's Retro Refusal
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 05:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

Fuck Buttons - Surf Solar

Sometimes it is incredibly difficult to critique music, when the music in question is so mind-bogglingly brilliant that words simply cannot do it justice. All that you need to know is that when 'Surf Solar' reached it's finale, my feet were tapping joyously and I was left breathless - such is the impact of this one 4 minute song that I will undoubtedly be splashing out on the album in the hope that it contains more of this stunning euphoria.

The Antlers - Two

A youtube hit, 'Two' is the perfect contrast to this cold, winter weather. Warm, light-hearted indie-pop that is undoubtedly good for the soul, reminiscent of Casiotone For The Painfully Alone if they wasn't so... well... alone.

Jamie T - Man Not A Monster

Zane Lowe's hottest new record (don't let that put you off), Jamie T once again embraces the ragamuffin within him and delivers this slab of Specials bop.

Them Crooked Vultures - Mind Eraser (No Chaser)

The first sample of new material from supergroup Them Crooked Vultures is everything you'd expect from a band comprised of Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones. Dirty guitars to make your ears bleed and your pants drop off, it's a crashing crescendo of noise that is just about danceable. If by danceable you mean flailing your arms and spilling your booze.

The Big Pink - Velvet

Though not technically 'new' (it was released a couple of months back) The Big Pink have only recently launched into the public eye with the testosterone fuelled lad-rock that is 'Dominos', so it seems necessary to point out their lesser-known album material that has little chance of enticing the Topman-shirt wearing indie-disco masses. 'Velvet' is what you can imagine The Charlatans would be like if Tim Burgess wasn't so dam friendly.

Last edited by WolfAtTheDoor; 11-11-2009 at 01:25 PM.
WolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote