Music Banter - View Single Post - Song Critique (Sorry if this is the wrong place)
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Hi Halebopp,
Yes, broken romance does often spawn creativity, doesn't it, since people feel very strongly about their relationships! I listened to your three songs (the two original and the cover) and felt the first two were pleasant and might benefit from some more variation in their tunes. I enjoyed the cover of Wagon Wheel a lot...the violin and banjo (both played very nicely) and the two of you singing were all nice...plus it is a catchy song. I felt the sound of your voices fit that style very well.

I agree with OceanAndSilence that it was hard to pick out all the words and understand them...which probably relates to how you were recording the vocals and also how clearly you were enunciating the words. Also, sometimes a few notes were a little out of tune. If I recall, your second song had more variation in structure than the first song...so I gravitate more toward that one.

Would you like to post your lyrics here? Then it is easier to understand how they fit with your melodies.

--Erica
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote