Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #8804 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
My first venture into the world of Electronica:

^So Deadmau5's Random Album Title <<< (I don't think this "R.A.T" is a coincidence, not "Random" title at all, more of a really well made antonym)

Anyway,
I really got into it in some parts, it felt like being in a movie when the hero gets drunk and ****ed up on drugs in a nightclub. Having this sort of hazy sight and hypnotizing slow motion movement. But in other places, which is the reason why I tend to dislike Electronica usually, there's this simple beat that keeps playing for more than 10 minutes, not adding any feel or atmosphere to the whole.

As Deadmau5 was more of a Progressive House artist, many tracks had the innovative criteria that made me like them. I guess I can call it a winning album.

Cheers to Kayleigh for the avatar that forced me to get the album, and finally understand what the **** Deadmou5 is all about (... and the pics seemed creepy enough, another strong point)
If you want another album suggestion just ask. Tech, epic, progressive, hardstyle, electro, etc.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote