Music Banter - View Single Post - Things that piss me off about guitars.
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
yeah i didn't think their style would suit you that much, just more in terms of what they're trying to do to address some of the concerns you mention for a product that falls somewhere between mass produced and custom boutique gear.

speaking of, you must have some boutique luthier lined up for the eventual GB custom right? what's that eventuality going to look like?
Its going to be a hell of a lot of expensive, I'll tell you that much. I'm so unsatisfied with bridge hardware that I may end up asking for an entirely custom made solution regarding bridge hardware, and that will cost a LOT of money. The other thing I'm concerned about with the GB custom is that I may well need 2 of them, since fanned frets is a technology designed to fix the string tension problems I mentioned, but it has a problem. It isn't very compatible with fanned frets.

Among many many other things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote