Music Banter - View Single Post - Things that piss me off about guitars.
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
I really don't have many problems with my guitar, 'cept maybe that green **** that gets in the ends of my frets. I can't clean really clean it out for some reason, or maybe I'm not trying hard enough. Oh wait, one more thing, my neck pickup is noticeably louder then my bridge and when I turn it down it bleeds tone and it just pisses me the **** off when I want both pickups to be active.
To avoid getting grim on my fret board I wash my hands before I play and then I wipe down the string and the neck with a dry linen after playing. I read in a guitar mag that you should avoid using water to clean the neck because it swell the wood and pshes up the frets.

To clean frets that oxidizes or that bit of dirt & grim that gets on it, chrome polish. I use Turtle Wax I pour a little dab on a old T shirt, I give it a twist so it absord into the cloth. and then let it dry. I wrap the clothe around my index finger, the carefully touching the fret (not to get the junk on the fretboard) just point and slide along the fret, that shines them up nicely.

To prevent you high frequencies from bleeding off use a shunt (a capacitor and resistor in parallel) on your volume control, between the lead and variable terminal on the volume pot.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote