Music Banter - View Single Post - Jazz Funk- Some Of The Best
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
goodfoot
Music Addict

surface noise, it's the only record iv'e heard of theirs, i actually had the 7 inch, got it in the woolworths cheap box 25 pence or something like that, and the same box i also acquired jazz carnival, azymuth, someone else's rubbish and all that jazz...

art blakey, and the jazz messengers, moanin', considered the first acid/jazz, tune, originally by bobby timmins, who is playing piano on this tune...

funk inc, chicken lickin', these could be considered the roots of jazz funk, on the prestige label, 1972....

mongo santamariea, latin soul, the title says it all, a great groove from the bongo man.....

idris muhammad, superbad, another vibes man, late acid/jazz, early jazz/funk, he also had great sidesmen usually melvin sparkes, george benson, shirley scott, charles earland,

willis jackson, brother ray, deep into acid jazz with the basement mod sound, amazing hammond on this track, a tribute to one of the inovaters of this sound.

hector rivera, i want a chance at romance, more basement latin/jazz= boogaloo! it's of at the party album, a real cool 60's album...

goodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote