Music Banter - View Single Post - Glancing Over...
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

YouTube - Pink Floyd - When the tigers broke free (Film version) + Lyrics

Me and The Wall:
No grading system can reveal what this album means to me, because I am super biased when it comes to The Wall. I guess if you didn't grow-up with this thing you wouldn't understand, but despite me listening to shit music until MB, this was the one good album I knew all the words to and all the turns the album was going to take by the time I was like eight. Thank god my grades are only dependent on what I think, because seriously trying to compare this realistically to other albums in here would be hard.

The Review:

On with the actual review, I would strongly suggest anyone who hasn't watched this movie at 3:00am with some popcorn and the lyrics sitting next to them to put it on their list of things to do. Something else to note is not to really think of it the same you would any other Pink Floyd album, in fact, for me this isn't either an album or Pink Floyd. For me this is an entirely different entity then a lot Pink Floyd, I think this is really more of Roger Waters Rock Opera then anything... so, pretend your at the opera!

Anyway, looking back it is sort of cheesy, which is why I kind of didn't want to review it... but at the same time I love this album and it will always have a special place in my heart, it's a hell of a beautiful story and I think something that has actually enriched my life some by being part of it.

Hope someone ends-up liking this as much as I do,
Sincerely, MB's only Schizotypic.

5/5
No ratio

Last edited by Schizotypic; 11-13-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote