Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #2306 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwilliams View Post
The Misfits - Walk Among Us (1982)

Im really digging the Misfits
F-in' love that album.

Currently digging cEvin Key and Ken ‘Hiwatt’ Marshall - The Dragon Experience

I haven't played this in quite some time. The 3rd solo album from cEvin Key of Skinny Puppy, released in 2003. It is an archival release of material he started recording during the Skinny Puppy “Bites” era (that's 1985), and has now been assembled and mixed by cEvin and Ken Marshall. Old-school synths and sounds but mastered in the modern age. "Immense soundscapes, curious melodies, intriguing samples, and trance-inducing loops transport the listener on a journey into schizophrenia, rehabilitation, and hope." Essentially it could be considered unreleased instrumental Skinny Puppy material, though it's definitely more mellow. Some trademark movie samples are present. Very enjoyable.

From cEvin: "This album was created from lost ideas that have recently been discovered on 4 track cassette tapes, then these ideas were re-worked with as bed tracks, mixed and finished as to capture the original feel as well adding parts to enhance the vibe."

Oh and the kid on the cover is the naked baby on the cover of Nirvana's Nevermind.

Last edited by sidewinder; 11-13-2009 at 09:47 PM.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote