Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #8870 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
send me all ur music put it in a rar i'll just delete all mine and have cool stuff.

Really though, that is pretty ****ing lame. Don't think that's what he (?) was doing, but it annoys me when people do this and then don't even know what 95% of the music that they have is.

Anyway, I just got Monster Island Czars - Escape From Monsta Island!

Despite my love of all things DOOM and Madlibs, I have yet to even hear a single song from this album. I fail That will all change soon though!
That's a really good album that went unnoticed by a lot of people so dont' feel too bad. You should also check out some of MF Grimms stuff if you haven't already, both Grimm and DOOM worked together and The Downfall of Ibliys is one of the best hip hop albums put out in the last ten years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Pete, quite the albums you've picked up. Getting into some instrumental rock, eh? I wasn't that impressed with City of Echos, but it might be because I'm balls-deep in The Fire in Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw constantly ...

EDIT: Um, just to clarify, I don't have male genitalia.

I've always had an affection for post-metal, starting since I heard Neurosis back when I was like 16. There's just something about the attitude more about creating an atmosphere rather than showing off how fast you can play that went over well with me. Admittedly I tend to lean more towards the post-black metal that's been coming out recently, stuff like Peccatum, Solefald, Arcturus, etc. that I've been ignoring some of the American stuff. Besides Neurosis the only other post-metal band that I've been listening to for awhile has been Daturah and Rosetta, however finding bands like Pelican and Russian Circles has proven to me that there's a lot more to American metal than what meets the eye.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote