Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #1974 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I thought Bent did his job but neither Rooney or Bent were getting any real service and there was little attacking threat at any point. I don't remember their keeper being worked hard very often at all.

I felt the midfield was very, very weak. Jenas had a poor game and i dont think he has what it takes at that level. Wright-Phillips is dangerous but just like Lennon and Walcott doesnt have much of a final ball which is why Beckham is still key for the World Cup for me, maybe not to start but to have on the bench for sure. Milner i felt worked hard.

Foster has lots of potential but is prone to mistakes and isnt ready yet. I don't think he had a solid game at all, had he been tested more frequently i think he would have conceded more. James and Green have to be considered as Capello's #1 and #2 at this point as far as im concerned.

All in all i dont feel theres much to worry about and really i think that result had to be expected. There wasnt much to get excited about but i dont think there was much to get overly worried about either. I think in a way it was encouraging that that side could avoid getting beaten by much more and once you bring Lampard, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Terry and a few other regulars back in it could have been a different story.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote