Music Banter - View Single Post - Why Do You Love Music?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Moore View Post
A simple question with an answer that can be infinitely complex: Why do you love music? Try not to have one sentence answers.

I love music because it gets to the core of me. It reaches down into whatever it is that makes me human and amplifies it. It makes me weep, it makes me laugh. It makes me feel primal. It makes me think. It makes me want to love, to hate, and all the things in between. It makes me feel like I matter in a vast, vast world that seems to be going to fast and has a different idea of what is right than I do. It makes me believe in the beauty of humanity.
Your description matches closely the reasons I love music. I like the fact that music is a peaceful way to express emotion and stir it in others. I also love the way music is absorbing...when I listen to or make music, I concentrate on the music so much that for that moment I forget that life will end, and it is nice to be able to forget that sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Being on the shy side all my life, music has always been an outlet for some very strong pent-up emotions. I don't know where I'd be without music.
I can relate to what you said, ribbons! One of my strongest memories relating to music was when I went to a Junior High dance and heard a song playing that I loved...I rushed to the dance floor with a friend, but felt so self-conscious and shy that I couldn't get myself to move. I just stood there, unable then to give into my emotions and show them. I think over time hearing music, hearing other people expressing themselves through music, helped me feel more comfortable with myself and my own emotions...anger, frustration, love, joy, disgust, hopelessness, abandonment, silliness, etc.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote