Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #10192 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
The fun ended around 2001 I think! I get what you are saying but there is no apparent reason for partaking at all but you can only have so much fun with drinking I guess and the longer it goes on, the more it becomes a genuine habit and an easy way out of accepting who you are.

I have drunk since I was 15 and by that I mean a lot. I'm now 37 and still at it. Oddly enough it has never ever got in the way of day to day functioning and I very very rarely drink during the day but I think it's a personal triumph if I manage 2 nights in a row without drinking. I think it's classed as 'Alcohol Dependant' or some such crap by the 'ordinary folk'.

Is this an MB 'AA' meeting? I feel like I'm in confession! I do know WHY I drink though and it's not some deep seated personal hatred etc I just feel more confident and alive when I have had a few for some reason. MEH. In the morning I will cringe when I read this back!
it's actually called "alcoholism" by American standards. but i'm sure you'd get a reprieve for being British.

it's funny, 75-85% of my campus probably has the same outlook as you, but they're also given the benefit of the doubt for being so young. i suppose it gets to be unacceptable when you actually start making a worthwhile contribution to society. personally i don't really have the luxury of getting drunk during the week due to the time required by my studies. but because of it i probably look forward to the weekend more than anybody else.

Last edited by lucifer_sam; 11-16-2009 at 09:41 PM.
lucifer_sam is offline   Reply With Quote