Music Banter - View Single Post - Jean Michel-Jarre
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
SaphiaGlam
Groupie

Default Jean Michel-Jarre

He's such a ledge. This French composer guy my dad listens to who I fell in love with. I saw him live about a year ago, one of the best sit-down concerts I've ever been to.
I just stole some stuff off Wikipedia for y'all to read if you're interested. Just basic/interesting factual type things:
  • Jean-Michel André Jarre; composer, performer, and music producer.
  • Born 24th August 1948
  • He is regarded as a pioneer in the electronic, synthpop, ambient and New Age genres, as well as an organiser of outdoor spectacles of his music which feature lights, laser displays and fireworks.
  • Jarre has sold an estimated 80 million albums and singles.
  • He was the first western musician to be allowed to perform in the People's Republic of China.
  • He has three children, and is married to French actress Anne Parillaud.
  • His first mainstream success was the 1976 album Oxygène. Recorded in a makeshift studio at his home, the album went on to sell an estimated 12 million copies. Oxygène was followed in 1978 by Equinoxe, and in 1979 Jarre performed to a record-breaking audience of more than a million people at the Place de la Concorde. A record he has since broken on three seperate occasions.
  • He's had tons of awards, I'm not bothered to name them all, look him up on Wiki if you want =]
  • He holds the world record for the largest ever audience at an outdoor event.
  • An asteroid, 4422 Jarre, has been named in his honour.

As you can see, he's ABIT of an awesome dude.

ListenListenListen.
Probs my favourite JMJ composition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutekittenRocker View Post
My vote: Music

Music turns you on and you can turn on the music by just pressing a button
SaphiaGlam is offline   Reply With Quote