Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #1979 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I know what you mean, i always find myself stopping and thinking about what im about to say in situations like this because i want to make sure i choose my words carefully and avoid coming across as something i dont want to be.

Of course there is every chance that tonight Ireland outplayed a far bigger and better opposition, took them to extra time, looked the better and more dangerous side and then....well, the ref has just showed complete incompetence, which happens, and made a bad call. I just dont get how its possible for a ref at this level to make that mistake though, there was 2 handballs in the box one after the other and if you watch Henry goes for it again. The handball was no mistake. Everyone in the stadium must have seen at least one of those handballs apart from the ref and his assistant.

If it hadnt had been so blatant, it would just be a bad call. It would suck, but thats life. With something like tonight it does set me off wondering, even though i know that makes me sound as though im looking for something that isnt there.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote