Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #10194 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Oh man, yesterday was crazy.

Yesterday I went in to do advanced registration for continuing students at my school, and then this happened:

Financial Aid: "Hey, you might have to give us back that tuition refund check we gave you".
Me: "Um, you're joking right? VA should have reimbursed you my tuition. I know they sent you a check because I already got my benefit money from them, and they send you guys the tuition first."
Financial Aid: "Sorry, but VA isn't paying tuition to this school and we don't know why. We didn't get a check."

Fuck...

So I get home and call VA. Now, I've been trying to contact VA for about 3 months now, and since this massive clusterfuck of ridiculous delays has been in effect since the new GI bill came out, I could never get through. 3 months. Busy phone for 3 months straight.
So by pure happenstance, I actually get through yesterday and finally get to talk to a case manager. This is what happens:

VA: "We're sorry, but we're not paying your school tuition because, judging by the school code, it's not classified as an 'institute of higher learning'"
Me: "fuck."

So I hang up and after trying to call Financial Aid to tell them what I'd learned, and not getting through, I decided to call the president of the Louisiana Board Of Regents, who basically manages and coordinates funding for all universities and colleges in Louisiana. I get through on the first try. It's the president's assistant. I tell her what's going on. She is astounded... This is what happens:

President's assistant: "Louisiana Technical College has been around for 30 years, is accredited, and is most certainly considered an 'institute of higher learning'. In fact, it has been serving veterans through the VA for many years and there's never been a single problem. My son is a veteran and going to a technical college next semester, and believe me, I will look into this personally and contact you when I get it sorted."
Me: "Sweet!"

So now I wait.
I'm holding off on registering for next semester, even though I've got all my scheduling done. If the VA doesn't get their stupid faces out of their asses soon, I'm writing Obama. (lmao)

I already wrote my senator.

So yea, yesterday I started a war with Veterans Affairs because they're incompetent.