Music Banter - View Single Post - Jackhammer's Horror Corner
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #177 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Any film that is dubbed definitely loses a huge amount in terms of overall asthetics and it's a shame that you couldn't find an original subtitled version.

I agree with your comments regarding the gore. Apart from films that are clearly beyond the realm of possibility (zombies, vampires etc) I do think that explicit gore should have an underlying motive in order for it to be justified (if only in terms of the characters own justification). In that respect I can handle Martyrs intensity in regards to characters actions and not merely there for sensationalism.

I still think that another original language viewing would greatly enhance your views but fair play to you for watching it.
Indeed.
I definitely give enough credit to the movie to agree to watch it again if only to see the original version, which I'm totally open minded enough to accept that my opinion may change a bit.
Currently I'm on the high side of neutral about the movie...
The original movie could raise that for sure.

I just know that the replay value beyond that wouldn't be there as much as some other movies I hold dear. But I would give the original a go if given the chance.