Music Banter - View Single Post - 80's comeback?
Thread: 80's comeback?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljagare View Post
edit: I am sorry to be a bit negative on the eighties comeback but it just seems to me that alot of it was just a cut/slash of old eighties hits with a new beat or people just redoing hits that really should never have been redone..at least it seemed like that for a while..
That's not what they mean it all... It most certainly has nothing to do with covers of old crappy 80s songs coming out. I think they meant there is an 80s comeback in terms of the revival of post punk, bands like The Killers, Interpol, Editors, etc. and I guess the revival of the synthpop sound a ton of music from the 80s had.

Really though, these days I'd say in terms of music all of the older decades are making a comeback. Lo-fi comes straight out of the garage rock of the 60s. You've got the hard rock and psychedelic rock of the 70s with bands like Super Furry Animals. I think a lot of bands are looking for something new and unique, and in doing so, look to the past for inspiration that doesn't come directly from their peers.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote