Music Banter - View Single Post - Bollywood Hindi Music
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Hi dhintana,

When I was in Tanzania in the 80s, Hindi movies featuring many love songs in which the male and female actors/singers sang to each other (but never touched) appeared to be very popular (or perhaps were the only films that were easy to get into their theaters). Watching one of those musical movies was my first experience hearing modern love songs from India and seeing large, flashy dance numbers, which I associate with Bollywood.

I haven't followed the Hindi music scene since that time, but I am interested in it because I am more generally interested in India, its history, cultures, beliefs, and struggles overcoming poverty. Plus, I really like the traditional clothing style (beautiful colors, fabrics, and designs) and vegetarian Indian food! Who are current popular Bollywood singers whom you would recommend?
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote