Music Banter - View Single Post - 80's comeback?
Thread: 80's comeback?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Liljagare
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
That's not what they mean it all... It most certainly has nothing to do with covers of old crappy 80s songs coming out. I think they meant there is an 80s comeback in terms of the revival of post punk, bands like The Killers, Interpol, Editors, etc. and I guess the revival of the synthpop sound a ton of music from the 80s had.
You are right. There was a rather large eighties revival in the 00's..but then that makes sense if you think of the 20 year rule (such as in the 90s there was a bit of a 70s revival going on for a bit). Although I think I see more of the 90s starting to creep into the music culture and I would not be surprised to see a full revival of it in the 00s.

Sorry about the poke at the 80s remixes/remakes but you have to admit that for a bit, every other song coming out seemed to pretty be this for a bit, especially in the dance music scene. At least here it was/is.

And yes there was a nice revival of synthpop especially with the bands you mentioned and others such as The Sounds and Melody Club.
Liljagare is offline   Reply With Quote