Music Banter - View Single Post - Pendulum
Thread: Pendulum
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Dieselboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormjh View Post
Never really liked their older stuff, I'm not a jump up fan at all, and their new stuff is god awful. I'm more into my liquid tbh, and I'll always love jungle. LTJ bukem is great, and I'm a big fan of alot of Hospital stuff, medschool have been on roll lately, sick music was a great comp, not listened to future sound of russia yet.

And you've just gotta love danny byrd.

The VIP mix of shockout is great too.
Yep, it doesn't get much better than his Supersized CD, sooo many strong songs on there. Hospital rarely fails.

About Pendulum...all I can do is echo everyone else with, "I really liked Hold Your Colour, but not so much In Silica."

I do remember though, listening to Grooveriders radio show when In Silica came out. He was talking about all the DnB purists telling him how much they hated pendulum, and the way they were commercializing DnB. I can't remember it word for word or anything, but he sounded pretty upset about it and went something like, "Pendulum has created some of the biggest dnb tunes to come out recently, and have introduced so many people to the scene...Pendulum can do whatever they want...so you people can shut UP...just shuuuuut UP."

It sounded better the way he said it, but that was the jist of it. He made some really good points in his little rant.
On the other hand, what Freebase Dali said a couple posts up is very true as well, so /shrug

Just thought it was sorta interesting that one of the biggest figures in DnB would take that side of the argument.
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote