Music Banter - View Single Post - No-Thanks Giving
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I feel for ya.

Speaking of things partially related to SQL...

SQL pisses me off, because I'm at the end of my semester dealing with SQL Server, and I still don't see the point of ever wanting to use it in a business. It's too overly complicated for what it does.
Microsoft Access is easier, maybe less robust, but really... Who needs there to be the existence of both a cross-join between tables and a regular join, when it does pretty much the same thing? And even the PRINT command pisses me off. At what point in time will an SQL Server administrator want to create a query simply to PRINT "hey! I'm a douchebag! I made random words that aren't even data in a table appear in the query result window!"

Maybe it's because I haven't seen SQL implimented in a business environment yet, but I honestly don't think most of the features involved in SQL Server are ever needed in reality.
I could be wrong.
I just don't like the fact that I have to learn about it regardless.

No thanks, 2009.
I find all that stuff incredibly confusing, it's just not how my mind works at all. I guess it does have its uses but damned if I understand them.

On a positive note, I got the preview I was complaining about to show up (I used the PRINT command to test it so I suppose that does have its uses) but I still have no idea how to make my actual PHP work.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote