Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #3322 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

1. What MB member would you like to meet and why?
Quite a few, so I list more than one...
VeggieLover (to talk about life with while swinging on a swingset),
Trauma (to enjoy the peace of being with a fellow vegan),
Toretorden (to see the mites of the tundra, discuss science, and play with his four rats),
Schizotypic (to commune about deep psychological stuff),
Freebase Dali (to argue with, to look at his drum set-up, and to pet his cat),
AwwSugar (to share sweet nothings with and to sing together).

2. What would you change about MB if you could?
--I wish people wouldn't jump so quickly on suspicious-acting new members, assuming incorrectly that they are here to troll. While I understand current members probably get jaded by all the many and obvious attempts made to spam and self-promote, I still recommend giving all new members the benefit of the doubt until a rule is broken, and then simply state for them that the rule was broken. I wish members would not post suspicions of others on the boards in threads and would only act when a rule is broken.
--Ensure people abide by the no rudeness or name-calling rule and hold all equally responsible for following that rule...but if an apology is given and accepted, then the infraction is negated.

3. Name a new MB mod and why choose this individual?
--Adidasss (who was a mod once, right?)--he's friendly and interesting, his avatars are easy on the eyes, and he loves MB.

4. What turns you off about the opposite gender?
Hmmm...that sometimes they seem to think there is a particular way their gender is supposed to be.

5. Do you believe in fate or is life a series of accidents?
I'm a materialist...I feel the universe is simply composed of matter/energy following natural law, which involves uncertaintly/unpredictability in where particles will next be a moment from now...so the future cannot be known with certainty. I see no evidence that humans are fated to undergo particular experiences in their lives (other than death)...so I never think things "happen with a purpose." I do not believe in "free will" (all my atoms, ions, electrons, etc., that are my mind creating thoughts, are just following natural law), however we have the illusion of "free will" and thus experience a sense of free will and can definitely feel like we are using it to make choices that determine to a large degree what happens in our lives...assuming we are affluent enough to have many choices.

6. What makes you angry?
--When people deny the obvious, ignore reality, and don't consider deeply how they decide what reality is.
--When people hurt and/or kill sentient beings, such as when people cut the private parts of children (male and female) and when people kill and eat non-human animals.
--When people in developed countries have more than two kids, since each child here uses up the resources of approximately 10 kids in Sub-Saharan Africa, and increasing the human population makes life harder for everyone (all species).
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 11-22-2009 at 11:55 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote