Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #488 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

55. Gamestop

Whoa boy, where do I start with this one?

You'd think by having such a monopoly on the game retail business they wouldn't be so goddamn anal about spending their money.

First thing, there are several kinds of Gamestop employees, but 4 that seem to be most prominent.

Token hot chicks who are banking on their large voluptuous breasts to distract you from the fact that they have absolutely no means to help you because they're too busy getting laid to give a flying f*ck about gaming.

Guys who'd rather flirt with them than pay you any attention.

Fat, greasy, balding Xbox fanboys who berate you for investing any interest in non Xbox products.

And then of course there are the head honchos who actually know a thing or two about video games who can give you helpful advice, but not without being smug jerks about it and constantly hounding you to preorder new releases or subscribe to that piece of f*ck Game Informer.

But what REALLY boils my sh*t is their buyback policy, it's a a f*cking ripoff. Say I buy a game that just came out this week, I don't like it so I want to sell it, I'm not expecting a full refund but give me a damn break, if you want to give these leeches 10 bucks for a new release that they're inevitably gonna sell again for $60 as "new" then you go right ahead, you might as well cut your own balls off.

But what can you do? They're still the best option for buying used games so I still go there, I guess some people's misfortune is my own personal gain. But if you want to sell some games and actually make a damn profit off of them (which is kinda, you know, the whole f*cking point) I'd recommend a pawn shop.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 11-24-2009 at 05:48 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote