Music Banter - View Single Post - 5 songs that give me goosebumps every time
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Hmm... I'll probably think of something completely different in an hour to two but for right now:

"The Nothing Changes" - Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble

Very atmospheric and creepy song that sounds like it belongs on a horror movie soundtrack.

"This Dreadful Emptiness" - Austere

Very depressive black metal band from Norway that's main emphasis is on creating an atmospheric swell while someone shrieks over the music. I'm not sure if there are any lyrics to it, but after awhile the shrieks become less annoying, however I would sure like to be able to just edit them out.

"Wolfgang" - Elliott BROOD

With slightly distorted vocals and a banjo plucking away in the background this song has always made me feel a little uneasy.

"Mad World" - Gary Jules

Yes I know Tears for Fears did the original, but Gary Jules took their work and really made it his own. The soft piano and the melon-collie vocals do wonders for making this a very simple, yet powerful song that always sends shivers down my spine.

"Phone Call" - Eric Hunt

Nobody but me on this forum has heard this song because it's something my last roommate did a few years ago. Very simplistic chord progression while a recorded 911 call is playing overtop of it. The call is in regards to a domestic disturbance and features a very hysterical woman with a soul shattering scream. The crescendo towards the end was what really did it for me, but it is by far one of the scariest songs I've heard in awhile.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote