Music Banter - View Single Post - New user, laser trntable and Music sale
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musishan View Post
Hi all,

I am new here, so be nice
A couple of questions
First: Is a laser turntable worth it, They are very expensive but I like the idea of not wearing ot an LP when I play it.

Second: i was thinking of buying a record collection on ebay, item 150390785826 Album Record Collection -Full Inventory + Custom SW - eBay
Is this worth it? or shold I just keep at it with the garage sales (no more this year till spring) there are a couple of titles I really want but am not sure what the reserve is and don't want to waste my money paying more than something is worth...

thanks all,
Nice forum btw...
Firstly - Yes and no. If you listen to LPs CONSTANTLY and have the money to burn, then yes. They certainly sound very good, being audiophile equipment, and obviously if you're playing a LOT of records, its a good way to safeguard the investment. You'll have to make this decision on your own I'm afraid. If your system isn't already audiophile quality throughout, I wouldn't reccomend it.

Second - The great thing about Ebay is that you can bid without worrying what the reserve is. If it turns out you haven't bid high enough, then you're not exactly out of pocket are you? If anyone is, the seller is. Bid to the level YOU deem the record to be worth, and not a PENNY more. You don't want to get involved in a bidding war, you want a fair price, Ebay makes that easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote