Music Banter - View Single Post - 5 songs that give me goosebumps every time
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Laliness View Post
1…. Tool- Rosetta Stoned

When he pleads/sobs: You believe me don’t you?? Please believe what I just said??

I can almost see that godam druggie fried out of his mind strapped to a hospital bed knowing he is the Chosen One whilst everyone just thinks he’s nuts.

That grinding guitar riff behind it just adds to the desperation/****en awesomeness of the song.

Also the lyrics: My heart is racing, COZ THIS **** NEVER HAPPENS TO ME! Hits home every time.
I agree, excellent song. However it's these lyrics that often give me the chills:

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
mewithoutyou - My Exit, Unfair
Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945

Some more:

Built to Spill - You Were Right, Stab, The Weather, Things Fall Apart and many others

Modest Mouse - Polar Opposites, Trailer Trash, Out of Gas, Novocain Stain, Talking Shit About a Pretty Sunset, A Different City, The Stars are Projectors, Paper Thin Walls, Lives...damn I miss old MM.

Faith No More - Surprise! You're Dead!, Zombie Eaters, Underwater Love, The Morning After, Edge of the World, RV, Evidence, Take This Bottle, Last to Know, Just a Man, Stripsearch, Helpless, She Loves Me Not

...Trail of Dead - Half of What, Ounce Of Prevention, Claire de Lune, Perfect Teenhood, How Near How Far

Bad Astronaut - Quiet, Only Good For A..., Clear Cutting, Disarm, If I Had a Son, Our Greatest Year, One Giant Disappointment, The "F" Word, The Thirteenth Step

Smashing Pumpkins - Hummer, Rocket, Soma, Mayonnaise, Rhinoceros, Crush, Snail, Window Paine, Here Is No Why, Thru The Eyes Of Ruby, Ava Adore, Daphne Descends, Tear, Crestfallen, Pug, The Tale Of Dusty And Pistol Pete

David Bowie - Changes, Oh! You Pretty Things, Life on Mars, Quicksand, The Bewlay Brothers, The Man Who Sold The World, Five Years, Soul Love, Moonage Daydream, Lady Stardust, Ziggy Stardust, Drive In Saturday, Time, Lady Grinning Soul

The Kinks - Death of a Clown, Two Sisters, All of My Friends Were There, Mr. Churchill Says, Strangers

Countless Beatles songs...I could spend all day on this, but I have other things to do...this is just a small percentage of songs that give me chills. Man this is really making me want to hear all of this stuff right now. I need to make a "chills" playlist. It would undoubtedly make me weep.