Music Banter - View Single Post - 5 songs that give me goosebumps every time
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible Lizard View Post

4. Nocuturne no. 21 in C minor - Chopin
Always suceeds in making me too damned meloncholy to finish anything. Fucking Chopin.
Great choice, that piece is the closest thing to hearing beauty you can get.

Ash Ra Tempel - Light Look At Your Sun

That haunting guitar that creeps in from the beginning lulls me into the most comfortable state of consciousness i could possibly be in. From there on in it just gets better.

The Beatles - Help!

I firmly believe this is the greatest pop song ever written (or at least one of), everything about it is perfect. The progression from verse to chorus in particular gives me goosebumps.

Gospel - Paper Tigon

Three and a half minutes of blissful prog-hardcore, Starting with a mournful, melancholic guitar riff before exploding into one of the most relentlessly energetic and aggressive songs i've ever heard. Quite breathtaking.

Fleetwood Mac - Man of the World.

All i need to say is it's one of the most heartbreaking yet beautiful songs ever written, by the genius that is Peter Green.

Silver Apples - Program.

This song has the capacity to render you near catatonic with its hypnotic, throbbing drum and bass combination. Couple that with the ethereal samples/drones that flit in and around it as well as the almost nursery rhyme like vocals and you have a truely strange yet captivating song. I could have really chosen any song from this album to be honest.

These are whats doing it for me right now.

Last edited by Sneer; 11-23-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote