Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #3344 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I was about to say i have never met anyone in real life that i met on a forum. That would not actually be true. I became friends with someone i met on a forum offline for a while and when she was in Newcastle once i met her off the train and we hung out for a bit.

I had just assumed we would go to a pub but we ended up walking around the shops for a while and talking which is a very, very bad idea as far as im concerned. We had very little to talk about, even though on the phone and so on this did not seem such a problem.

It's a strange situation i feel. Had she been a perfect stranger i don't think i would have felt nervous at all and she would probably have been the same but even though i didn't FEEL particularly nervous i think that looking back nerves played a big part in the lack of communication. Had we gone for a drink i feel things would have been a little less uncomfortable aswell. The fact that we didnt do that kind of threw me a little too. She had friends in Newcastle so it wasn't such a big deal, i was just meeting up with her for a little while before she met some of her friends who went to uni there.

These kinds of meetings have to involve alcohol i feel.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote