Music Banter - View Single Post - Post-Rock Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #331 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I know what to expect too but I have come to the stage where I know I can delete at least 25% of my Post Rock folder and not miss it. I realise that genres generally do what they say on the tin but I personally am becoming a little bored of the same old song structure and sound. I guess it's why bands such as 65daysofstatic (with their electronic influences) and Sgt (Math Rock tinges) are listened too more frequently by myself.

I just feel that not enough bands are making enough effort in the genre and because Post Rock generally eschews vocals, the need to stand out a little from the crowd is more preferable to me these days.
I agree. Which is way I'm enjoying 65daysofstatic (who I'm listening to for the first time) and my favorite post rock tends to be things like Mice Parade, Mouse on the Keys, and **** Buttons (Tarot Sport at least). Bands that blend post rock with other styles of music are much more memorable and worth listening to, in my opinion. Not to say I don't still love me some Mogwai and Tortoise.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote