Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #1140 (permalink)
storymilo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Far Cry 2 is a good example of what I meant about most recent FPSes I've played as being good. FC2 is one of the weaker titles, but it was still good enough for me to play through which is actually a bit of a task because the game is rather long!

I loved the open world of it, but the reason it drops down on my list is that it's action is horribly repetitive. You drive around with cars a lot and meet human guard posts with enemies that attack you relentlessly every 100 metres in a huge world. Let's say you kill all of them, drive 50 metres down the road away from the guard post - and then drive back .. all the enemies you just killed have respawned. Gods dammit.

Also you fight the same kind of people throughout the game. It's just non-stop of the same stuff over and over .. the rest of the game intrigues though, the story and the setting and the characters. It's weird that they made it so repetitive really.

Red Faction Guerilla, although a 3rd person shooter, suffers from the same problem.
Haha I thought the exact same thing actually. Far Cry 2 (and Crysis also imo) both had a bit if a problem with repetitiveness which is probably why I never finished either of them. But they are great games, I just hardly ever finish any games unless they're really good and don't get boring at all (like Fallout 3) I guess I have high standards but it keeps me from spending too much money.

Also, I played the Batman: Arkham Asylum demo the other day and now I want to get it. Has anyone here played it and is it good?
storymilo is offline   Reply With Quote