Music Banter - View Single Post - The Curious, Disconcerting and Uncomfortable
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh. View Post
I think I get asked like once a day or more if i "Have any spare change" if I'm feeling generous, and they look like a genuine homeless person I'll give them a few quid. But the junkies who come up asking for bus fare, and being told no repeatedly are a pain in the ass. A massive pain in the ass.

A few years ago a random person and me were riding around on city buses between states for kicks, and we ended up at the main bus station in Atlanta, Georgia... I walk outside and there were 3 old black dudes asking us if we had some money to help them bail their brothers out of jail.
lol..
Seriously? I'm going to believe that all of you each have a brother needing to be bailed out of jail?
Wait... ok so maybe it's a reasonable story. But am I supposed to believe you actually want money for that?

I should have said: "No, sorry. I just spent all my money on crack. Want some??"

On a more disconcerting note, at that same bus station there was this crazy looking old lady with a 20oz bottle of sprite, who was trying to pour the sprite into a McDonald's cup... THROUGH THE STRAW. It was spilling everywhere.
It was one of those "back away slowly" moments.