Music Banter - View Single Post - sic transit gloria
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

i think its about this guy who really loves this girl, and the girl doesn't really care about him. so one night she wants some action and decides to use him because she knows she can. he doesn't really know what's going on, why all of a sudden she wants him, and he figures out that she's just using him. but then it goes deeper than this. in the lyrics he says "he wispers that he loves her but she's probably ony looking for se...so much more than he could ever give, a life free of lies and a meaningful relationship" so I think that this girl is in so much pain from all the menaingless one night stands she's had, so when she sleeps with this guy, she's using him for sex like she has in the past to escape from things, but she knows how he feels about her, and part of her really wants to have a real relationship. now, he's feeling guilty, because he knows how much she's been hurt, and he doesn't want to be just another guy that sleeps with her and walks away, but he doesn't know how he can have an actual relationship after she pretty much just used him. I think this song is all about the pain of relationships in your adult life, about how when you begin to have serious realtionships you can hardly ever have what you really want, and if you do get it, the timing is wrong. the lines "die youg and save youself" kind of back that up. i think those lines are saying that the pain that comes from relationships as an adult can sometimes be worse than death, so save yourself the agony and end it before you experience it. ya i'm gonna stop now, me and my friend went on for like 3 hours talking about this song and what it means and everything, so ya, i could go on for a while
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote