Music Banter - View Single Post - Pendulum
Thread: Pendulum
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Pendulum = Seksi drum and bass. I've seen them live twice, they made me want to make love to the speakers. 'Nuff said. In Silico may be mainstream but it's still appealing to me, as I'm not fussed that they became bigger. It means they come to see us more!
It's just different when you fall in love with something many years ago, and it grows up to become something you can't stand.
Not Pendulum in specific, as I was into drum & bass long before Pendulum arrived on the scene, but the general tendency for a genre to be right in its prime when you fall in love with it, then see it eventually fall to bits. I guess the most painful thing about it is that eventually, no one will make the kind of music you really dig, so you're kind of left back with just the things that are already there... and with no hope for anything new.

Pendulum did have some good stuff. I just don't like where they went with their talents.
But I guess you can leave all the old heads behind when you know you got a new niche to carve out of the mainstream, along with all the fans you'll gain.
It just won't be the same, true head fans. And usually the mainstream fans will be the first one to ditch when something new comes along and shines nicer, glitters more, and distracts them long enough.

Last edited by Freebase Dali; 11-24-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote