Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #3799 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I come on here and ask people to recommenced for new music, I know what shows are happening in Manchester. I know what my friends listen to anyway. And people with similar tastes to mine will be listening to stuff similar to me, no need to see it.

Plus Spotify > Last FM if you wanna listen to things for free and Last FM had to stream and it was slow and annoying.

Each to their own I guess, it must be popular for a reason. But doesn't do anything for me
I didn't get it at first. It just seemed somewhere to keep track of what i was listening to so i could....what...show off, maybe?

Now i've had it for some time and clocked over 10,000 plays i find it really useful. It's recommendations are quite often spot on now, as im discovering new bands and more importantly new genres then its recommendations and lists of similar artists for each band can be quite handy. It's always interesting to have a quick nose around and be able to see what others are listening to, what tracks they are marking as 'Loved' and so on and it acts as a gig calendar too, often for some of the smaller pub gigs i like to go to as well. The last FM radio is good too. I hear what you're saying about better places to do some of that etc but Last.Fm keeps all of the above in the same place and it's fun.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote