Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #9136 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Cool! I'm surprised you'd be into that. Maybe you won't be. But I'm curious to know. I think on the surface many people (my girlfriend included) would be quick to lump it in with mainstream pop punk, and that makes me sad. I have a soft spot for pop punk, for sure, but not today's well-known acts. Most of the members in this band have been playing this stuff since the early-mid 90s in other bands, influencing many of today's acts in one way or another. So there's a maturity here that I'm aware of and can connect with when listening to it (musically and lyrically), that I think may not be detectable on the surface. Anyway. You like it or you don't. Why am I trying to convince you?

65daysofstatic - The Fall of Math

Well I used to have this on my hard drive, but I checked yesterday after all the talk around here, and it's no longer there. So I got it again.
You're one of the few people on here who's taste I trust without even going for a listen. The album are also intrigued me :P

I have nothing against pop music, as long as it's tasteful and intelligent, or at least funny. I like bands like Cake, Barenaked Ladies, and Weezer, so it's not like I'm completely anti everything pop. This album was quite enjoyable to boot, some catchy hooks and some dark lyrics when taken out of context.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote