Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Animated Films?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
yea, i was introduced to his stuff about two months ago through some friends, and now i've watched all his videos, haha. but yeah, my favorite one is when he does The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, i was literally in tears laughing haha.
Yeah, I love that guy, I know everybody tries to do the angry nerd thing these days, but he does it very well, he's both smart and funny and his meltdowns are always fun to watch.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that Sonic cartoon was inferior to the saturday morning one.

The saturday morning one had an actual plot that grew more complex over time, compared to most cartoons where every episode was just a different whacky adventure, and the characters were actually well developed, Sonic's relationship with Tails, his relationship with Sally, Snively's relationship with Robotnik, etc. Sonic seemed to have a real fleshed out personality and wasn't just mugging and spouting catchphrases like the other cartoon, and instead of being a total retard (like the other cartoon), Robotnik was actually a scary badass and a competent antagonist.

People might hate it because it's worshiped by furries everywhere or because "it's not true to the games" or some stupid sh*t like that, but it really was a great kids show, it had an environmentalist message but it was surprisingly subtle about it, it never seemed too preachy. It had actual effort and care put into it. It's a shame it was canceled, especially when there was an unresolved cliffhanger from the last season, that pissed me off so bad when I was a kid.

I watched all the old episodes on Youtube a while back and I still enjoyed it.

But yeah, the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog on the other hand..... it seemed like the creative process behind that show pretty much consisted of a bunch of dudes stoned out of their minds while watching old Warner Bros cartoons, writing down every random thought until they had a half hour's worth of content for an episode.

The pumpkin rant had me in stitches.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 11-26-2009 at 05:23 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote